Applications – Visitor Visa
To visit Canada, you must:
- Have a valid travel document, such as a passport and photo’s
- Be in good health
- Satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will return to your country of origin prior to your visa expiring
- Satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- Have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will require can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives
- Fee payment for your visa to Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Copy of your return ticket or travel itinerary
If you have committed or been convicted of a criminal offence, you may not be allowed to enter Canada. For a complete list of criminal offences in Canada, consult the Canadian Criminal Code.
You may also need:
- a Temporary Resident Visa, depending on your citizenship
- a medical examination anda letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada
Parent and Grandparent Super Visa:
NOTE: Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents have a new option for visiting Canada. As of December 1, 2011, you may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa and enjoy visits to Canada of up to two years without the need to renew your status.
For more information register to access live support or submit a request via our contact form.